When it comes to improvements that help increase the home’s value, a new roof isn’t always the first thing that comes to mind. However, installing one can have a significant impact on the overall value of a residential property. Summit Roofing & Restoration, Inc., explains how a roof replacement project can improve home values.
How a New Roof Can Raise Home Value
A new roof increases your home’s value in many ways. One of the most notable is that it can boost your property’s curb appeal, especially if it complements well with the rest of the home’s exterior components. Since the roof looks new, it gives prospective buyers an assurance that they won’t have to replace it anytime soon. As a homeowner looking to sell, this could also give you an edge over other homes on the market with aging roofs.
Other Benefits of a New Roof
There’s more to investing in a new roof than just enhancing your home’s curb appeal. We highlight some of them below:
- Improved Energy Efficiency. A new roof can help make your home more energy-efficient by providing better insulation and ventilation. With these elements present, you preserve — or even extend — its life span. Not only that, but they contribute to lowering your utility bills and increasing your home’s overall comfort.
- Increased Structural Integrity. A new roof can also help strengthen your home’s structure. A properly installed roof can withstand everything Mother Nature throws at it. It can also provide additional support for your walls and foundation.
- Improved Protection. A complete roof replacement can help protect your home from the elements. It can keep out water and debris while providing extra protection against extreme temperatures.
- Reduced Maintenance Costs. A roof that’s been newly installed will last for many years. If it’s built and maintained properly, you won’t have to repair it frequently over its life span, saving you money in the long run.
- Peace of Mind. Finally, a new roof can provide you with peace of mind. Knowing that your home is well-protected from the elements can be a great source of comfort and security.
Considering a New Roof? Here’s What to Know
If you’re considering a new roof for your home, you should keep a few things in mind. Here’s what you need to know:
- Roof Type. When selecting a new roof, there are several types to choose from, from asphalt shingle and metal, to tile and slate. Each type has its benefits and drawbacks, so it’s important to consider your budget and the appearance you want for your home before making a decision. Also, consider consulting with a roof repair and replacement contractor for a professional opinion.
- Drainage. Proper drainage can help ensure that water and debris are properly diverted away from your home, preventing damage.
- Insulation. A well-insulated roof keeps your home comfortable and energy-efficient by keeping it cool in the summer and warm in the winter. When installing a new roof, ensure that the proper insulation is used for maximum benefit.
- Flashing and Underlayment. These two components are as important for your roof as the shingles. They help provide an extra layer of protection against water infiltration and damage to your home’s structure. Make sure they get installed correctly during the replacement process or you end up with a premature roof repair later.
- Cost. You should also factor in the cost of materials and installation when considering a new roof. Budgeting for any necessary repairs or replacements that may be needed down the road is also essential.
- Quality. Be sure to use high-quality materials and hire a roofing professional with experience in the area. Cutting corners may help you save money in the short term, but you’ll just end up replacing your roof again much sooner.
The Importance of Working With a Local Contractor
Finding a qualified and experienced contractor is crucial to the success of your roofing project. Before you ultimately make your pick, make sure to research roofing companies in the local area. Find out whether they’re licensed and insured, and for how long they’ve been offering their services. To better understand their capabilities, you can ask for references from past customers. Don’t forget to check online reviews before making your decision.
Here are some of the reasons why working with a local roofing contractor is imperative:
- Convenience. Working with a local roofer means less waiting time when scheduling whatever service you require, be it repairs or maintenance. Since they’re within your local area, they’re just a phone call away.
- Reputation. One of the important qualities you need to look out for in a prospective roofer is their reputation and experience. These can easily be verified when you work with a locally owned and operated company.
- Avoidance of Scams. A roofer who has the necessary license and insurance gives you peace of mind that they’re a legitimate business and not some fly-by-night contractor.
- Knowledge of the Local Codes. A local roofer knows the building code and the local climate. This gives you assurance that your roof will be installed with safety and security in mind.
Count on Summit Roofing & Restoration, Inc. for Your Roofing Needs
When you invest in a new roof as a way to boost your home’s overall value in preparation for a sale, you want reliable protection that preserves your property’s integrity for its next homeowners. That’s where the experienced roofers at Summit Roofing & Restoration, Inc. can help. As a GAF Master Elite® contractor, we employ innovative techniques and use high-quality products to provide an effective replacement roofing system.
As your trusted roofing contractor of choice in the local area, we are committed to total customer satisfaction. When you trust your roof replacement project to us, you can expect unsurpassed craftsmanship, long-lasting warranty protection, and results that exceed expectations. We offer competitive prices and free estimates! Give us a call today at (731) 589-7663 (Dyersburg), (901) 430-1974, or (870) 736-7663 (Paragould). You may also reach us online to get started on improving the value of your home through a new roof!