It’s not uncommon to think that filing claims for damaged roofing is complicated and requires a lot of work. However, this isn’t always true, especially if you hire a dependable roofer to help you out.
Of course, it’s also handy to have a good understanding of your insurance policy. But to give you a basic idea of how the insurance claims process works, Summit Roofing & Restoration, Inc. shares some tips below.
Steps for Filing Your Roof Insurance Claim
1. Do a quick check and see if you can identify some obvious signs of storm damage. If you discover a hole in your roof for example, you can cover it with tarp to prevent flooding or further damage to your home. This is just a temporary fix, so make sure to call a professional to do more thorough work.
2. Reach out to your insurance company and inform them of the damage to your roofing. They will likely give you a claim number and explain the next steps that you should take.
3. If your roof suffered from severe damage, your insurer may ask you to consult with a restoration specialist to secure the scene and limit damage.
4. An adjuster will also visit your home to inspect and assess the roof damage as well as determine the amount that your insurance will cover.
5. If everything goes according to plan, your insurance company will cover the costs of repairing or replacing your roof.
Other Tips to Remember
Make sure that you call an independent roofer as well. This way, you can get a ballpark of how much your insurance company should give you and prevent any chance of being taken advantage. You can also ask a public insurance adjuster if your roofer’s quote and the insurance company’s estimate are too far apart.
Summit Roofing & Restoration, Inc. is one of the most reliable roofers in the area. With our expertise in the trade, you can rest assured that your job will be handled professionally. Call us at (731) 589-7663 or fill out our contact form to request a free quote.